The use of drones has become increasingly popular in various industries, and the home inspection industry is no exception. Drones have proven to be a valuable tool for home inspectors, providing many benefits that were not possible before. In this blog post, we will discuss the available resource and study material available to study for the FAA Part 107 exam.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requires anyone who wants to operate a drone for commercial purposes to obtain a Remote Pilot Certificate with a small UAS rating, also known as a Part 107 certification. This certification requires passing an aeronautical knowledge test and meeting other requirements, such as being at least 16 years old and able to speak, read, write, and understand English.
To prepare for the Part 107 certification exam, there are various training options available, including online courses, in-person classes, and self-study materials.
It’s important to note that while training material can be helpful in preparing for the Part 107 exam, it is not required by the FAA. However, obtaining training from a reputable source can help ensure a thorough understanding of the regulations and safe drone operation practices, as well as pass the Part 107 exam.
There are many options for finding training to prepare for the Part 107 exam. Here are some online resources to help you get started:
- FAA-Approved Knowledge Testing Centers: The FAA has approved a network of knowledge testing centers across the United States where individuals can take the Part 107 exam. These centers may also offer training and study materials to help prepare for the exam.
- Drone Pilot Ground School UAV Coach: UAV Coach is a website that provides a comprehensive Part 107 test prep course, as well as other resources for drone pilots.
- Drone Launch Academy: Pass the first time or get your money back.
- Remote Pilot 101: Remote Pilot 101 is an online training course that covers all the material on the Part 107 exam. The course includes video lessons, practice quizzes, and study materials.
- DARTdrones: DARTdrones is a training organization that offers in-person classes and workshops, as well as online courses, to prepare for the Part 107 exam.
- Pilot Institute: This industry-leading course will help you pass the FAA Part 107 drone license test – so you can fly drones commercially in the United States.
There are also several YouTube channels and video courses available that cover the material on the FAA Part 107 exam. Here are some of the more popular channels:
- “FAA Part 107 Test Prep: Remote Pilot Exam Course” by Tony Northrup: This is a comprehensive course that covers all the topics on the Part 107 exam, including airspace regulations, weather, and emergency procedures. It includes video lectures, practice quizzes, and study guides.
- Altitude University: FAA Part 107 Study Guide: Drone Certification – Pass First Try!
- John Peltier’s FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot Test Prep Course is a no-nonsense online training program that includes short videos, frequent quizzes, and simple text that cuts straight to the point.
- Udemy 4 Hour part 107 Test Prep
There are also various in-person classes and workshops available to prepare for the FAA Part 107 exam. Some of the options include:
- Drone Universities: This training organization offers in-person Part 107 exam prep courses at their facility in Southern California. The courses cover all the material on the exam and include hands-on flight training, as well as instruction on the regulations and procedures for commercial drone operations.
- Community Colleges: Some community colleges across the United States offer in-person classes and workshops to prepare for the Part 107 exam. These classes may be offered through the college’s aviation program or continuing education department. An online search in your area will locate these for you.
- Flight Schools: Some flight schools offer Part 107 exam prep courses as part of their drone training programs. These courses may be offered in-person or online.
It’s important to research each training provider to ensure they are reputable and offer quality instruction. Some factors to consider include the instructor’s experience and credentials, the training curriculum, and reviews from previous students.
When you are ready to take the exam, here are the Part 107 Test Centers.
Hope this information helps. Good luck!